New Advisory Board Will Collaborate With Blue Buffalo to Advance Therapeutic Nutrition
Leading veterinarians and veterinary experts come together to share expertise and insight about natural nutrition in the overall health and well being of dogs and cats
WILTON, Conn., Jan. 25, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Blue Buffalo (Nasdaq:BUFF) announced the formation of an on-going Veterinary Advisory Board to provide input on natural, therapeutic nutritional advances that will be most valued by veterinarians and their clients. The diverse group of independent advisors will also focus on Blue Buffalo-sponsored scientific research and evidence-based treatments.
“It is a privilege to work with veterinary thought-leaders who have such a broad range of expertise in clinical nutrition, practice management, oncology, dermatology and academic research,” said Greg Reinhart, PhD, Senior Vice President, Research and Development at Blue Buffalo. “Our team looks forward to collaborating and innovating with this diverse group of expert advisors to provide new and proven health care solutions to veterinary clinic practitioners.”
The Veterinary Advisory Board will be important partners to help Blue Buffalo enhance its line of veterinary-exclusive diets. Launched in 2015, the therapeutic diets provide veterinarians and their clients with a natural alternative to help address specific medical conditions that can be managed by nutritional therapy. Blue Natural Therapeutic diets introduced in the last year include:
BLUE Natural Veterinary Diet GI – for Gastrointestinal Support
BLUE Natural Veterinary Diet HF – Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance
BLUE Natural Veterinary Diet WU- Weight Management & Urinary Care
BLUE Natural veterinary Diet KS –Kidney Support for dogs, and KM – Kidney and Mobility support for cats
The 10-person board is comprised of these experts:
- Joe Bartges, DVM, PhD, DACVN, DACVIM, University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
- Marcie Campion, MS, PhD in Nutrition, Vice President of Technical Services, Pro-Pet LLC, St. Marys, OH
- James W. Lloyd, DVM, PhD, Dean of the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine
- Cheryl London, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology), Research Professor, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University
- Gerald Post, DVM, MEM, DACVIM (Oncology), Chief Medical Officer, The Veterinary Cancer Center, Norwalk, CT
- Donna Raditic, DVM, DACVN, CVA, Nutrition and Integrative Medicine Consultants, Athens, GA
- John Talmadge, DVM, principal and practice owner, Bigger Road Veterinary Center, Dayton, OH
- Mary Ann Vande Linde, DVM, Van Linde & Associates, LLC, veterinary practice management consultant consulting and training, Brunswick,GA.
- Fritz Wood, CPA, CFP, principal, H.F. Wood Consulting, veterinary consultant, Kansas City, MO
- Sarah Wooten, DVM, veterinary communications consultant, small animal practitioner, Sheep Draw Veterinary Hospital, Greeley, CO
“Blue Buffalo is a company that understands the role nutrition plays in the health and well-being of dogs and cats,” said Dr. John Talmadge, BLUE Veterinary Advisory Board member and practitioner at Bigger Road Veterinary Center. “I appreciate the opportunity to gain new insights on nutritional advances and the client/pet/veterinarian relationship.”
The first collaborative effort between Blue Buffalo and the board will occur when Board members Dr. Bartges and Dr. Raditic present at a symposium session at the North American Veterinary Conference (NAVC) on February 4, 2017 in Orlando. The presentation is titled: What Food These Morsels Be: The Role of Nutrition in Health and Disease.
This ongoing collaborative effort will provide all veterinary clinics with important information and solutions to enable them to better serve and recommend research-backed, natural dietary solutions for their patients.
About Blue Buffalo Company
Blue Buffalo, based in Wilton, CT, is the nation's leading natural pet food company, providing natural foods and treats for dogs and cats under its BLUE Life Protection Formula, BLUE Wilderness, BLUE Basics, BLUE Freedom and BLUE Natural Veterinary Diet lines. Paying tribute to its founding mission, the Company, through the Blue Buffalo Foundation, is a leading sponsor of pet cancer awareness and of critical research studies of pet cancer, including causes, treatments and the role of nutrition, at leading veterinary medical schools and clinics across the United States. For more information about Blue Buffalo, visit the Company’s website at www.BlueBuffalo.com.