Effective date: January 25, 2016
Information We Collect:
1. Information you provide us directly. Blue Buffalo may collect any and all information you provide when registering, accessing, or using the Services, including but not limited to the following:
- Registration username and password
- Your name, age, date of birth, address, and email address
- Information concerning your pet (including name, gender, breed, date of birth, size)
- Your pet food brand preferences
- Your pet food supplier/retailer preferences
- Information concerning your veterinary business and/or practice
- Purchase-related information including, without limitation, information submitted when making purchases through the Services
- Information from your browser or device, including, but not limited to, your IP address, location, cookie information, and hardware & software attributes.
- Any content you submit to, on or through the Site (including, without limitation, User-Submitted Content)
- Communications between you and Blue Buffalo. For example, we may send you service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of service-related emails by contacting us at http://www.bluebuffalo.com/contact.
- Email address or contact information of third parties which you submit to the site (e.g., via referral or page-share functions on the Site)
2. Analytics information. The Services may employ third-party analytics tools and embedded scripts to help measure traffic and usage trends. These tools collect information sent by your device to our Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists in improving the Services. This analytics information is collected and used with analytics information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual user.
4. Log file information. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device. When you use access or use the Services, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. Similar information may also be collected from emails sent to our users which helps track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
5. Device identifiers. When you access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with you device, which uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by the Services. A device identifier may deliver information about how you browse and use the Services and may assist in providing reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
6. Metadata. Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User-Submitted Content. For example, metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User-Submitted Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
How We Use Your Information:
Any information collected may be used for the following general purposes:
- To customize users’ experience while using the Services
- To fulfill requests and/or process transactions for information, products and/or services provided by Blue Buffalo
- To process user registrations with the Services and verify that users’ registration information is active and valid
- To present users with and administer Blue Buffalo special offers, promotions, contests, and/or other features of the Services
- To enable users’ participation in features of the Services
- To improve the functionality of the Services and its features
- To improve customer service
- To communicate with users and provide users with information
- To conduct relevant marketing research
In addition, information received may be used:
- To help users efficiently access information
- To remember information so users will not have to re-enter it
- To provide personalized content and information
- To provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services
- To develop and test new products and features
- To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- To diagnose or fix technical problems
- To automatically update the Services
- For other legitimate purposes, which we strive to identify at the time of collection
Sharing Of Your Information:
1. We will not share, rent, or sell your information to third parties outside Blue Buffalo (or the group of companies of which Blue Buffalo is a part) for their marketing purposes.
2. We will not use your information to provide you with marketing offers or promotions on behalf of third parties.
3. We may share User-Submitted Content and user information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Blue Buffalo is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Services (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
4. Third-party vendors who perform aspects of the Services (e.g., hosting any of the Sites, designing and/or operating features of the Services, analytics tracking, sharing page-level content, and/or other administrative services) (“Service Providers”) may be provided access to user information (e.g., via cookies). Such Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services under reasonable confidentiality terms, and any such information shared with third-party vendors will be limited to non-personally-identifiable information.
5. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may share your User-Submitted Content:
1. Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Services (including, without limitation, User-Submitted Content) becomes available to the public. Once you have shared such information or content or made it public, that information or content may be re-shared by others.
2. Any User-Submitted Content that you make public is searchable by other users.
3. If you remove information that you posted to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other users or third parties have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
1. We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
2. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
3. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How We Store Your Information
1. Your information collected through the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Blue Buffalo, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
2. Blue Buffalo, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may transfer information that we collect, including personal information, across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
4. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Services secure. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Blue Buffalo accordingly cannot ensure the security of any information collected through the Services or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Modifying Your Personal Information:
1. You may update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile information or settings. If you have any further questions about reviewing or modifying your account information or settings, please contact us directly at http://bluebuffalo.com/contact.
2. You may also permanently delete your member account. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at http://bluebuffalo.com/contact.
How Long We Keep Your User Content:
Following termination or deactivation of your account, we, our Affiliates, and/or our Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and/or User-Submitted Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at http://bluebuffalo.com/contact.
Blue Buffalo does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Site. The Services and their content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us directly at http://bluebuffalo.com/contact.
Your California Privacy Rights:
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us directly at http://bluebuffalo.com/contact or write us at: The Blue Buffalo Company, Attn. Legal Department; 11 River Rd., Wilton, CT 06897.
Other Web Sites and Services: