Effective date: January 12, 2017
ARBITRATION NOTICE: YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND BLUE BUFFALO WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION, AS MORE FULLY SET FORTH BELOW.
- You must have reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities via Services.
- You must not post private or confidential information via the Services, including, without limitation, your or any other person's credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
- You may not solicit other users of the Services or otherwise use the Services for unauthorized marketing purposes.
- You may not use the Services for or in furtherance of any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, provincial, territorial, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Services and content appearing therein, including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications or unsolicited commercial electronic messages (a/k/a "spam") to any users of the Services, or solicit, collect or use the login credentials or other users of the Services.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Services or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or Blue Buffalo.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, including by transmission of any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other harmful program or code of a destructive or disruptive nature.
- You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way the Services are rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
- While Blue Buffalo does its best to moderate the Services, Blue Buffalo cannot and will be responsible for all content uploaded and/or posted on the Services by users, and users may be exposed to materials deemed inappropriate. By accessing and/or using the Services, you understand and accept that you will be using the Services at your own risk. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Services and third parties found through the Services, whether online or offline. You agree that Blue Buffalo is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. Blue Buffalo reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you submit or post content or any personal or other information.
- The Services may provide users with the opportunity to submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, and/or distribute content and materials on or through the Services including, without limitation, data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photographs, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and/or other content or materials (collectively, "User-Submitted Content"). You are solely responsible for any User-Submitted Content submitted, posted, or displayed on or via the Services by you.
- While we use all reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of information on the Services, we are not responsible if information on the Services is not accurate or complete. Any reliance upon information, material, or content on the Services shall be at your own risk.
Pet Medical, Health, Fitness and Nutrition Information on the Services:
The Services may include information relating to nutrition and various medical, health and fitness conditions of pets and their treatment. This is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own veterinarian or other veterinary professional. You should not use or otherwise rely on the information contained in the Services for diagnosing or treating a pet’s health, fitness problem, or disease; you should always consult your own veterinarian and/or veterinary professionals for advice and guidance regarding a pet’s nutrition, health, fitness and medical needs.
- You may create a member account in connection with certain of the Services by registering your name, providing certain information about yourself, and creating a password. You agree that you will provide compete, current and accurate information about yourself upon registration and at all other times, and that you will update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- By registering an account, you acknowledge that paid services, sponsored content, and commercial communications may appear as part of the Services, and may not always be identified as such, and you grant Blue Buffalo permission to use any information, photos, and other User-Submitted Content as Blue Buffalo sees fit in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, in conjunction with advertisements and promotions. You also agree to receive emails from Blue Buffalo about special offers, new products, and the latest news.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure and for restricting access to your account. You agree not to disclose your username or password to any third party.
- You agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, followers, profile, username, or any account rights. You agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself, and that you will not use your account in a manner that impersonates another person or entity or otherwise in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY AND FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS TAKEN UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE AUTHORIZED SUCH ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any User-Submitted Content submitted, posted or displayed on or via the Services through your account.
- You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from Blue Buffalo.
- You must not create accounts with the Services through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- Blue Buffalo reserves the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason at any time.
- Upon submission of any User-Submitted Content through the Services, you further grant Blue Buffalo and its sub-licensees the right to use the name submitted when registering the account in connection with which such User-Submitted Content is submitted.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, you may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages included in the Services for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- Please note that, while you retain ownership of your User-Submitted Content, any template or layout in which you arrange or organize such User-Submitted Content through tools and/or features made available through the Service are not proprietary to you, and such template and layout shall be the sole and exclusive property of Blue Buffalo.
- Although it is Blue Buffalo’s intention for the Services to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when some or all of the Services may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Blue Buffalo reserves the right to remove any User-Submitted Content from the Services for any reason, without prior notice. User-Submitted Content removed from the Services may continue to be stored by Blue Buffalo, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Blue Buffalo encourages you to maintain your own backup of your User-Submitted Content. In other words, none of the Services are a backup service, and you agree that you will not rely on the Services for purposes of backup or storage. Blue Buffalo will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any User-Submitted Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of User-Submitted Content or other information may not be secure.
- It is Blue Buffalo’s policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you agree that Blue Buffalo is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
Additional Conditions Applicable to User-Submitted Content:
- You may only post pictures of your own pets and pets from whose owners you have obtained express consent.
- You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photographs or other content, or foul, sexually explicit, obscene, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate language via the Services.
- You may not post content or material that violates any right of a third party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy, property, confidentiality, and publicity rights.
- You acknowledge and agree that Blue Buffalo has no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, or enforce intellectual property rights with respect to User-Submitted Content, but has the right to protect and enforce its and its licensees’ rights with respect to User-Submitted Content.
- You understand and agree that Blue Buffalo cannot and will not be responsible for User-Submitted Content posted on the Services, and that you use the Services at your own risk.
- Descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products, price, and availability of any products are subject to change without notice. Blue Buffalo reserves the right to discontinue or change specifications and price of products without prior notice. The product images displayed on the Services are for illustration purposes only, and may not exactly reflect the product. Some design revisions, color variations and/or packaging variations may exist. We make reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products, including the applicable colors; however, the actual color you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. The inclusion of any products on the Service at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products will be available at any time.
- It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, provincial, territorial, federal and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use and sale of any product.
- Blue Buffalo is committed to providing information that is accurate. However, due to human error or otherwise, the Services may occasionally contain pricing, product descriptions, quantities, images, product discontinuation and/or other content that may be incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, unreliable, not current, and/or not error-free. Although we make every effort to ensure these mistakes do not happen, Blue Buffalo cannot honor incorrect prices, misprints, or typographical errors.
- Blue Buffalo respects the intellectual property rights of others, and expects users of the Services to do the same. You may not use our Services in any manner that infringes the rights of any third party.
- Blue Buffalo reserves the right to remove User-Submitted Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and in our sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances, Blue Buffalo will also terminate the account of a user determined, in our sole discretion, to be a repeat infringer.
Links from the Service:
If the Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
NOTE: APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BLUE BUFFALO CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER BLUE BUFFALO NOR ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES”) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS, LEGAL OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (A) THE SERVICES; (B) THE BLUE BUFFALO CONTENT; (C) USER-SUBMITTED CONTENT; (D) PRODUCTS ADVERTISED THROUGH THE SERVICES; OR (E) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO BLUE BUFFALO OR VIA THE SERVICES. IN ADDITION, THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. .
THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SERVICES AVAILABLE IS FREE FROM ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, VIRUSES. THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING ANY INSTRUCTIONS) ON THE SERVICES IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR USEFUL. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELECTING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES TO ACHIEVE YOUR INTENDED RESULTS, AND FOR THE USE OF AND RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES.
THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE USER-SUBMITTED CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY USER-SUBMITTED CONTENT.
NO STATEMENT OF THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES OR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, DISTRIBUTORS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OTHER THAN THOSE EXPRESSLY CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE BELOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO: (A) THE SERVICES; (B) THE BLUE BUFFALO CONTENT; (C) USER-SUBMITTED CONTENT; (D) ANY PRODUCTS ADVERTISED THROUGH THE SERVICES; (E) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY'S USE OF THE SERVICES; (G) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (H) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICES’ OPERATION; OR (I) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICES). IN NO EVENT WILL THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED CANADIAN DOLLARS ($100.00).
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF BLUE BUFFALO’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES.
NOTE: SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE BELOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE BLUE BUFFALO PARTIES’ LIABILITY BE GREATER THAN THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE THAT IS THE BASIS FOR THE CLAIM.
BLUE BUFFALO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
- For any dispute you have with Blue Buffalo, you agree to first contact us (via http://bluebuffalo.com/en-CA/contact) and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally.
- All disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement, or in respect of any legal relationship associated with or derived from this agreement, will be finally resolved by arbitration under the Arbitration Rules of the ADR Institute of Canada, Inc. The Seat of Arbitration will be Toronto (Ontario). The language of the arbitration will be English.
If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Blue Buffalo.
- Blue Buffalo reserves the right to change this dispute resolution provision, but any such changes will not apply to disputes arising before the effective date of the amendment. This dispute resolution provision will survive the termination of any or all of your transactions with Blue Buffalo.
Governing Law & Venue
Severability & Waiver
- The information provided within the Services is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Blue Buffalo to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Services or any portion of the Services, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service or other feature that Blue Buffalo provides.
- Blue Buffalo does not represent or warrant that the Services or any part thereof or any products offered through the Services is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
- Software related to or made available by the Services may be subject to United States export controls. Thus, no software from the Services may be downloaded, exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading any software related to the Service, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of, any such country or on any such list.