BLUE BUFFALO COMPANY
THE SCOOP SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC. MUST BE AGE EIGHTEEN (18) OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The Scoop Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by The Blue Buffalo Company (“Sponsor”) begins at 12:00 a.m. (ET) on May 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on May 31, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, (i) sign up to participate in Sponsor’s Litter Club by responding to an email that you received or visiting TheFreshScoop.com and completing the online form with your name, email address, mailing address, date of birth and litter preferences during the Sweepstakes Period or (ii) remain enrolled in Sponsor’s Litter Club during the Sweepstakes Period. You may opt out of the Litter Club at any time by following the instructions provided at the bottom of each Litter Club communication.
Limit of one (1) entry per person/email address over the Sweepstakes Period.
2. Eligibility. Open only to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia and Canada, excluding Quebec, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, any subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors, and individual retail licensees and the immediate family members (meaning spouses, parents, siblings, children and their respective spouses) and members of the households of the foregoing individuals are not eligible. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3. Winner Selection and Notification. The potential winner will be selected at random by Sponsor on or about June 3, 2017 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. An individual is not eligible to win a prize if he/she won a prize in a Scoop Sweepstakes during the preceding twelve (12) month period.
The winner will be notified by email to the address he/she provided and must respond to the notification within one (1) week. Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release, within fourteen (14) days of the date of issuance or prize will be forfeited.
A prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries and confirmed in accordance with these Official Rules (i) if a selected prize winner cannot be reached within one (1) week following the initial notification attempt, (ii) in the event of non-compliance with any of the requirements of these Official Rules or (iii) if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable.
4. One (1) Prize: One (1) winner will receive a three (3) month supply of Naturally Fresh cat litter (consisting of three (3) 14-pound bags of litter). Winner may choose from among the available Naturally Fresh litter formulas; provided, however, that all three (3) bags must be the same formula. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize: $50.00.
No prize substitution or cash redemption, except in Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Prize is not transferable. Prize winner shall be responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes including but not limited to any sales and income taxes.
5. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. General Conditions. Sweepstakes entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS (AND PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF PARTICIPANT IS A MINOR IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE) RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, REPRESENTATIVES, PROMOTION, ADVERTISING AND ONLINE TECHNOLOGY AGENCIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXECUTION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTS THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND, AND FROM LIABILITY TO ANY OTHER PERSONS RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM ENTERING OR DOWNLOADING MATERIALS OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. THE RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, NO RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ACCEPTED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, RE-ROUTING, OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY. Sponsor reserves the right to modify this Sweepstakes in any way it deems necessary or appropriate. Entry constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, likeness, entry information, hometown and state for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media at the discretion of Sponsor without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Internet. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically register and/or enter repeatedly is prohibited. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated Sponsor reserves the right to select the winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the action requiring such termination. Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, garbled, misdirected, or postage due entries or mail, or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Winners List. For the name of the Sweepstakes winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (VT residents may omit postage) for receipt by July 6, 2017 to: The Blue Buffalo Company, May Scoop Sweepstakes Winner, P.O. Box 770, Wilton, CT 06897.
10. Miscellaneous. This Sweepstakes is governed solely by the laws of the United States. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the State of Connecticut. Any claims arising out of the Sweepstakes may be brought only in a federal or state court in Connecticut. If any provisions of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules at any time without notice. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify persons whose eligibility is in question or for any other reason whatsoever.
11. Sponsor. The Blue Buffalo Company, P.O. Box 770, Wilton, CT 06897.