Fall is finally here! The cooler temps, stunning leaf changes, and of course…the PSL. The beloved pumpkin spice latte signals the return of our favorite cozy season and all the outdoor adventures you’ll have with your dog. It’s high time you get to share that delicious joy with your pup so we’re giving you a dog-friendly, caffeine-free PSL recipe.
It’s not just a tasty surprise either — pumpkin is a superfood for dogs. It has micronutrients, prebiotics, and fiber. It’s also packed with vitamins A, C, and E. The key is using pure canned pumpkin versus pumpkin pie filling. Pie filling has added fat, sugar, and spices that your dog doesn’t need. Some spices can even be toxic to them. So, gather the below ingredients and get brewing! Your pup’s going to fall in love with this one.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Note: This recipe does not include coffee or caffeine. Coffee is harmful to dogs.
- ½ cup 100% pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup cold chicken broth (Get the kind without garlic or onions — both can be toxic to dogs.)
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- Dash of cinnamon
- BLUE Boo Bars, crumbled
- Small scoop of whipped cream (optional)
Tools you’ll need
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Serving cups, mugs, or a dog bowl
Makes 2 drinks
Serving size: ½ cup
How to whip up a pup-friendly PSL
1. Combine the first four ingredients into a blender and mix.
2. Pour into a cup or bowl.
3. Top with whipped cream and BLUE Boo Bar crumbles.