We know how important physical activity is for your furry family members, but did you know mental activity is just as crucial? Dogs need mental stimulation to prevent boredom and destructive behaviors. One easy way to achieve this goal is by using food and treats as mental stimulation exercises for dogs.
Enrichment activities take only a few minutes to prepare and usually require a few items from around the house. To make our enrichment activity extra fun, we’re adding rewarding treats for enrichment activities. Grab these simple ingredients and get ready to stimulate your dog's mind with this mental activity and delicious treat!
- 1 banana, sliced
- Pup-safe peanut butter
- BLUE Bits
- Ice cubes
- Fresh water
Tools You’ll Need
- Large bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Grab a bowl and coat the inside with pup-safe peanut butter.
- Next, add banana slices and BLUE Bits, which should stick to the xylitol-free peanut butter in the bowl.
- Fill the bowl with some ice and fresh water.
- Place the completed bowl in the freezer until all contents are completely frozen.
- Once your Treat Enrichment Bowl is solid, take it out and let your dog enjoy it!