Is there any better way to spend a day than with an ice-cold treat in the sun? Summertime is here, so it’s a good idea to have frozen treats on hand that dogs can enjoy all season long!
While Pet Parents enjoy ice cream and popsicles, these pawpsicles make for the perfect frozen treat for your furry friend. They’re no fuss and only require a few simple ingredients you may already have at home! Whether it’s for a cold treat after your daily walk or when you’re headed to a summertime puppy party, these Pawpsicles are sure to be a hit! Not only will your pet love them, but they’re healthy too.
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen banana slices
- BLUE Buffalo Bones
Tools You’ll Need
- Ice Cube Tray
Makes 24 Pawpsicles
Serving size: 1 Pawpsicle
- Slice bananas and strawberries and freeze.
- Add to a blender and blend until combined and completely smooth.
- Next, add the mixture to the ice cube tray, adding an equal amount of the blended mixture to each compartment.
- Remove 12 BLUE Bones from their bag and cut them in half to make 24 equally sized halves for larger Pawpsicles. For smaller Pawpsicles, smaller treats can be utilized and used in their full-size form.
- Insert the BLUE Bones into the mixture, one per compartment.
- Freeze until solid, then remove from the ice cube tray and enjoy!
As always, make sure to check with your vet to ensure that this treat is in line with your pet’s specific needs before consumption.
The free Buddies app puts pet intel and inspiration at your fingertips. Tap into more Learn articles, the Connect community of Pet Parents, and our Ask a Pet Buff feature — where you can chat live with trained experts. You can also use the app to earn points toward exclusive rewards, like swag and treats! Learn More
Want to join Buddies? Enter your number and we’ll send a link!
Want to join Buddies? Select an option to download the app!